INDIAN TELEVISION NEWS

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bollywood stars and lucky charms

Bollywood has become quite progressive in terms of its story lines and technical aspects. Nevertheless, when it comes to belief in superstitions, there is no leaving behind the stars. With rising competition in the market, one cannot really blame them but then isn’t canceling ones shoot owing to a superstition, taking it too far? We asked a bunch of actors if they had any blind belief in things or had any lucky charms and here is what they had to say:

Shaahid Kapur: “While I don’t believe in lucky charms, I am particular about the way I wear my shoes. I will always put my right shoe before the left one.”

Vidya Balan: (Always seen with a bag gifted to her by Aziz Mirza’s son) “I think whatever gift is given with a lot of affection is always lucky. I can’t a name a tangible luck that the bag has brought but it has definitely brought a lot of positivity.”

Adhyayan Suman: “I am very emotional about the armlet I have. It was given to me by my parents and I love it.”

Amita Pathak: “The armlet that I wear was given to me by my brother. I make it a point to always wear it. Once we had to go to Ladakh for shooting and forgot my armlet in Mumbai. I refused to shoot till I got it back.”

Nakul Mehta: “My parents’ good wish is my lucky charm.”

No comments: