INDIAN TELEVISION NEWS

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It was my dream to work with SRK : Katrina Kaif

SHAHRUKH KHAN, KATRINA KAIF
Katrina Kaif has teamed up with Yash Chopra for Jab Tak Hain Jaan and says that the veteran filmmaker should drop the idea of retirement as he still has the zeal to make amazing cinema."I don't think he should retire. He has an amazing sense of emotion and passion for cinema. I think it will be sad. He is a legend and I don't think anyone can match him up," she said at the launch of song Saans from the film here Tuesday.

On his 80th birthday, Chopra had announced that Jab Tak Hain Jaan will be his last film as director.

Talking about her experience with Chopra, Katrina said she was shooting a difficult scene and everyone was trying to explain how to do it, but the filmmaker started cracking jokes to lighten the mood.


"He knew I was nervous and he started joking. That was an amazing moment. He is so perceptive at times," said the actress who will be seen romancing Shah Rukh Khan for the first time in the film that also has Anushka Sharma.

The film, releasing Nov 13, has fulfilled Katrina's dream to work with King Khan. I have always wanted to work with Shah Rukh Khan. We would meet at award functions and talk about it, but I never thought that we will do a film together. It was definitely my dream to work with him and I am very happy that we did," she said.

"Initially, it was intimidating. I had to find a way to connect with him as an actor. Once that awkwardness was gone, I realised he cares as much for his co-star's scenes as his own. He performs with the same intensity." Talking about some of the tips SRK doled out, she said he told her to have her chin down and look up, to stand straight and to look into his eyes whenever while shooting.

No comments: