INDIAN TELEVISION NEWS

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hrithik has no words to thank Shahrukh

Shahrukh Khan went out of his way to accommodate the Roshans by shooting an item song for their production Krazzy 4, and Hrithik can't thank the busy Khan enough. "I'm doing the song for my own home production. But Shah has gone out of his way to accommodate the project because he respects dad. His gesture has touched all of us. It's very kind of him. He doesn't need to dance."

Hrithik can't stop raving about the item song. "It's the best dance track I've ever performed. My uncle Rajesh Roshan has outdone himself. And Vishal Dadlani who has sung the number has also been extremely gracious. He didn't accept the cheque that my dad gave him after the song. He did it for my dad and uncle. As a family we Roshans are overwhelmed by the respect that has been shown by everyone associated with the item song."

Tell him it's because of the respect his dad's banner commands and Hrithik corrects me. "No I think it's more to do with the kind of person my father is. If he wasn't the person he is, Shahrukh, Vishal and everyone else wouldn't have gone out of their way to accommodate us, no matter how successful we may be. I think my dad has earned the respect he gets. He doesn't command it."

Hrithik further informs, "Shahrukh's version of the song will be part of the main movie, while mine will be used in the end titles, also on MTV, Channel V and other promotional campaigns for television."

The triumphant Jodhaa Akbar behind him Hrithik is now looking forward to starting his next film with Anurag Basu. "That's one film I'm really looking forward to. I'm a big fan of Anurag's cinema. I think he's a very sensitive director. He's really going to be doing something different with me. I can't say much about the subject. But it will be a different experience for me, though something right up his alley."

The industry was abuzz about Sonam Kapoor being Hrithik's leading lady in Anurag's film. "Both Dad and I think Sonam is wonderful. But she was never considered for Anurag's film. The role requires someone from abroad. So yeah, I'll have an international co-star in Anurag's film."

Hrithik and Aishwarya looked pretty international in Dhoom 2 and Jodhaa-Akbar. "I can't dispute that. It's so true. Ash and I share a fabulous rapport. It's always fun to work with a co-star who isn't selfish. We both gave so much of ourselves to Jodhaa Akbar. Aishwarya has been one of my most helpful co-stars. I really cherish working with her. She is an incredible actor and an even better co-star. And since all three of us-Abhishek, Aishwarya and I-are friends; we've great fun even when not shooting."

Hrithik craves for the perfect chemistry with his co-star. "I don't think it's possible for me to give my best if my co-star isn't doing the same. I try to surround myself with like-minded people. And I think I've found the right people operating at my frequency to work it, be it Ashutosh Gowarikar, Sanjay Gadhvi, Aditya Chopra or my dad. I'm fortunate, I guess."

No comments: