INDIAN TELEVISION NEWS

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Santoshi to make love story with Ranbir Kapoor

Director Rajkumar Santoshi, who has been toying with the idea of making a love story for some time, has signed Bollywood's new sensation Ranbir Kapoor for a film. He will cast Katrina Kaif in the female lead.

He starts the project immediately. Confirming the development, Santoshi told IANS: "I'm making this film, Ranbir has confirmed and even Katrina has almost confirmed. I wanted to work with Ranbir the minute I saw him in 'Saawariya'. I see that special spark in him. In fact, after I saw him in 'Saawariya', I sent him a bouquet. I was so impressed by him."

Following the unexpected debacle of "Halla Bol", producers are no longer eager for more from the Ajay Devgan-Santoshi pair. Apparently, PVR Films, which was supposed to support Santoshi's multimillion rupee historical movie on emperor Ashoka, has backed out of the project.

Tips, with which Santoshi had a long-standing tiff over outstanding payments for "The Legend Of Bhagat Singh", will produce the film. However, Santoshi denies differences with Tips.

"We had a very fruitful working relationship during 'Bhagat Singh'. If we didn't, why would we be working together again?"

The director is especially excited about this project because it's a love story that he is writing himself.

"For very long now I have wanted to make a pure love story. I wrote this script some time back. I was waiting for the right face. I think Ranbir was destined to be the hero in my love story."

Two years ago, Santoshi was supposed to make a film called "Ranbir" with Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan.

No comments: