INDIAN TELEVISION NEWS

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Big banners ensure high visibility for me: Irrfan Khan

His career is going great guns. Irrfan Khan, who has proved his mettle once again in “Sunday”, has now signed multiple-movie deals with two leading production houses and says big banners mean more visibility.

“I like the idea of doing films with big banners because you’re ensured high visibility. I’m enjoying this new phase where I’m working with people like Sunny Deol and Rakesh Roshan for the first time,” Irrfan said.

Talking about his deals, the actor said: “While I’m committed to doing two films with UTV, I’ve signed a deal for several films with Sanjay Gupta. In addition, I’m also doing a film with Milan Luthria, a director I’ve admired for a long time,” Irrfan told IANS.

It does look like a full plate for Irrfan in 2008. “It is! And I’m happy to be working in all kinds of films from a comedy like Rakesh Roshan’s ‘Krazzy 4′ to a drama like Sunny Deol’s ‘Right Ya Wrong’.”

Not that Irrfan has forgotten his authentic roots. “In Nishikant Kamath’s ‘Mumbai Meri Jaan’, I play a south Indian coffee seller on the roads. That’s as real as it gets,” informed Irrfan.

No comments: