INDIAN TELEVISION NEWS

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Dia Mirza will be seen in Dus Kahaniyaan


/photo.cms?msid=2594016 After playing a small role in Sanjay Gupta's Shoot Out At Lokhandwala , Dia Mirza will be seen in Dus Kahaniyaan produced by White Feather Films. Dia apparently had signed this film before Shootout... but the latter released first.

The actress confesses that she was not very interested in doing a ten-short-films film and went was sure that she would refuse it at the onset. "I went with the mindset that I would say no. I wasn't sure about what Dus Kahaniyaan - a film with ten short stories would be like? But when I heard the narration, I realized how innovative this film was going to be. This is a first of its kinds and not quite attempted before. I instantly agreed to do the movie, and surprised myself, too!"

The short film that D will be a part of is titled Zaheer , and has been directed by Sanjay Gupta himself. Co-starring Manoj Bajpai, Zaheer is the story of two characters meet each other by chance, and gradually get to know each other. Later they discover that they are not what they imagine they would be.

Dia who has already seen the film reacts, "It was thrilled after watching it. I remember there used to be this weekly serial on Doordarshan called Potli Baba Ki. Dus Kahaniyan reminds me of that..." She continues, "It's a great challenge for a filmmaker to be able to tell a story in ten minutes. All the ten stories in Dus Kahaniyan have been told really well, and the best thing about each of them is that they have a shock value at the end of them. This is like a whole new dimension to filmmaking."

Apart from her film, Rice Plate is another short story of Dus Kahaniyaan that she enjoyed. "It's a socially relevant subject and beautifully told," opines Dia, "Shabana ji and Naseer ji are Gods. They are superb in the film. I am a huge fan of theirs. Then there is Gubbare and Love Dale another beautiful story."

Apart from the special appearance in Om Shanti Om , Dia has had three releases this year and Dus Kahaniyan will be her fourth. The actress informs us that she is not on signing spree and would rather be selective of the work she takes on. "After my films flopped in the beginning, I realized that I needed to do different films. Now that I have done different films and made a place for myself, it's important that I continue to be the centre of attraction. I think I have declined more films now than ever before. When I am old and gray, tottering with a stick, my grandchildren should say wow to my work."

No comments: